Wilson,

I currently belong to ARRL mainly so I have access to old QST articles on tube
circuitry.

I belonged a long time back but became disenchanted with their inability to
lobby Congress and/or the FCC to give Amateurs a fair shake regarding antennas
in subdivisions with covenants and restrictions. If the FCC can allow FM,
satellite TV, and cellular phone antennas, they sure should allow Amateurs at
least a minimal option for an antenna in a subdivision.

It appears that now since ARRL has a female president, the current House and
Senate bills MAY pass regarding our fair shake on antennas.

If ARRL pulls this off I might have more respect that they are indeed looking
after our best interest.

Time will tell...

Respectfully,

Phillip