While 6.12.4 is a big improvement over 6.11.x and 6.12.2, there is still a
large nagging problem that surfaced in 6.11.7 and is still unfixed.  In
order to maintain a consistent queue in GPU projects the "Additional work
buffer" has to be continuously increased.  The only way I've found to reset
this is to reinstall 6.11.6 or earlier and then install 6.12.4 again.  As an
example on one machine my 12 hour Collatz queue is up to an "Additional work
buffer" of 5.77 days and increasing at the rate of  ~0.5 days/calendar day
in order to maintain a constant level.  Other GPU project queues act
similarly but not necessarily at as fast a rate (may be related to queue
size).  CPU projects seem to be unaffected by this queue shrinkage.

BTW, the GPU scheduling changes in 6.12.4 (non-FIFO) are a welcome
improvement.

Thanks/Ed