I checked in a possible fix.
-- David

On 03-May-2013 11:53 PM, Eric Driver wrote:
Thanks! That fixed a bunch of the warnings.

How can I fix this one:

Strict Standards: Non-static method DbConn::base_escape_string() should not
be called statically in
/home/boincadm/projects/NumberFields/html/inc/boinc_db.inc on line 103

--Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
David Anderson
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:15 PM
To: boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] php warning messages

Starting with PHP version 5.5, the usage

$p = null;
$p->foo = "bar";

gets a warning; you need to say

$p = new StdClass;
$p->foo = "bar";

I fixed a few of these.
Unfortunately I don't have a PHP 5.5 system to test on right now.
Please check out the latest code
and let me know if you see more of these.

-- David

On 03-May-2013 6:57 PM, Eric Driver wrote:
Hi all,

I recently upgraded the NumberFields project to the latest branch
(boinc-v2).  I am now getting a bunch of warnings on the admin pages like
the following:

"Warning: Creating default object from empty value in
/home/boincadm/projects/NumberFields/html/inc/db_ops.inc on line 520"

I can turn off these warnings in the php code by using error_reporting(),
in
which case the site acts just like it used to.  But are these warnings
telling me there is a problem somewhere in the php code, and if so does
anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Eric