On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Oliver Bock <oliver.b...@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> In case of the hardware beta I'd expect Valve to be very selective
> because of the natural shortage of prototype machines. I'd expect that
> they focus on game developers first. So, did you drop out of the process
> or are you still trying to join?

THE HARDWARE BETA ELIGIBILITY QUEST:
Before October 25, log in to Steam and then visit your quest page to
track your current status towards beta test eligibility
1. Join the Steam Universe community group
2. Agree to the Steam Hardware Beta Terms and Conditions
3. Make 10 Steam friends (if you haven't already)
4. Create a public Steam Community profile (if you haven't already)
5. Play a game using a gamepad in Big Picture mode

So, I am not eligible. It's no longer October, I have no friends and I
have no gamepad. :-)

-- Jord.