I've reverted back to a system restore point prior to when I installed
the Visual Studio 2010 stuff plus the problematic Windows SDK. That
fixed my problem with right-clicking crashing Windows Explorer.
Oh and yes, prior to reverting back to an earlier safe point, had I
already tried to use ShellExView to disable possible problematic
Context Menu entries on the right-click menu, which is usually the
cause for the crashes. That didn't help me out.

This does mean that my system is now rid of the Visual Studio
installation and the SDK. And I am not going to install it again to
then possibly break my system again.

So, next thing for me to do is install Windows in a VM, update it,
then add Visual Studio and the SDK to that installation, to then
continue my writings.
Unless there's a quick-route for this I haven't noticed yet.

-- Jord van der Elst.