On 26 May 2016 at 19:11, Eric Driver <edriv...@cox.net> wrote:

> I've noticed that sometimes when the client starts a fresh work unit, it
> will
> read the check point file of a previous work unit.

Can you tell if there's any pattern? Same host or OS or client version?

> One way I can fix this is to

use a checkpoint filename unique to the WU (up until now all WUs use the
> same
> generic name).  I'd like to key off of the work unit dat filename, but it
> is not
> immediately apparent how to get my hands on that information from inside
> my main
> app.  Can someone point me to an easy way to do this, or possibly another
> solution to this problem.

There's APP_INIT_DATA::result_name and you get APP_INIT_DATA with
boinc_get_init_data(). If your app doesn't use BOINC API there's
init_data.xml -> result_name.

-Juha