The <app_version> element already contains this info: e.g.

<app_version>
    <app_name>setiathome_v8</app_name>
    <version_num>820</version_num>
    <platform>windows_intelx86</platform>
    <avg_ncpus>0.001776</avg_ncpus>
    <max_ncpus>0.001776</max_ncpus>
    <flops>6710859671.000872</flops>
    <plan_class>opencl_intel_gpu_sah</plan_class>
    <coproc>
        <type>intel_gpu</type>
        <count>1.000000</count>
    </coproc>
    <gpu_ram>264241152.000000</gpu_ram>
    <dont_throttle/>
</app_version>

On 11/19/2016 9:56 AM, Jean Philippe EIMER wrote:
Hi,

As the developper of the boinc bash script, I'd like 'client_state.xml' to give the processor workunit/result is computed on (I mean CPU or GPU).

With <app_version>, we know the application will run on CPU or GPU.

But, some projects (collatz, milkyway) have same name and version number for application running on CPU or on GPU, preventing the bash script to know the processor used.

Is this modification possible ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
J. Ph.