From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
David Anderson
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 12:50 AM
To: boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] [boinc_cvs] [BOINC/boinc] c2350c: web: try to get
Recaptcha working on IE

On 2/3/2017 3:17 AM, Christian Beer wrote:
> Thanks for the link. The reporter clearly says he only has a problem
> on Seti. All other projects worked fine. So it seems to me that this
> is a Seti related problem that now got improperly fixed on the BOINC
> level where it can potentially do harm to other projects that don't
> have this particular problem.
Uh, no.  It happened on any project running the current BOINC web code.
The fix turned out to be this:

On IE11, pages using recaptcha (like profile edit) weren't showing the
recaptcha.
On reloading, it would appear.
Mysterious.
Anyway, removing the
'<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" > fixed the
problem.