This will be fixed in the next client release,
which I hope to put into testing shortly.
-- David

On 3/14/2017 12:28 PM, Paul Haneline wrote:
BOING is running too many projects at one time that needs lots of memory.

ATLAS needed 2 Gigs of ram and BOING decide to run 10 totaling 20 Gigs.

LHCb needed 2 Gigs each and ran 8 work units totaling 16 Gigs not even
leaving room for OS and other programs running in the background.

TLP needs according to Task Manger at least 7 Gigs of RAM to run and BOINC
decided to run 12 totaling *120 Gigs or RAM.*

*I left Task Manger running and when I came to my computer the last thing I
see on Task Manger is full ram every time and computer was frozen and
sometimes hearing my Hard Drive heads thrash for swap files.*

I had BOINC running for years without porblems and when it decided to run
large work units it over fills my ram. I shouldn't have to do any changing
to BOINC settings or go into the BOINC folder and edit anything. BOINC is a
program to *"Set it and forget it"* it did for years until now.

Eather BOINC is ignoring MAX RAM installed, NON-BOINC work in the
background and/or how much each work unit needs before it starts the
projects.

BOINC 7.6.33
CPU 12 core, *16 RAM.*