The trouble is, there are too many networking variables to easily boil down to
a single parameter.
NIC to router - WiFi (802.11n) is pretty good these days.Router to internet -
depends on locationInternet to project server - I think the example Charles was
thinking of was GPUGrid in Barcelona, which went through a bad connectivity
patch last year, but is communicating properly again now. Doesn't affect their
reliance on high-performance GPUs, which is a different question.
I've just run speedtest on my six year old Windows 7 laptop, and got 48.34
Mbits download and 9.28 Mbits upload over WiFi - that's very close to my home
broadband connection of 50.33 Mbps / 9.765 Mbps. But the results might be very
different in my local cafe / pub / seminar room / public hotspot. We can't
equate connection *type* with connection *speed*.

    On Thursday, 30 March 2017, 13:28, David Wallom