For details, I followed this page:

https://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/

This sounds very instructive...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        boinc core doesn't recognize Nvidia GPU on Fedora 27
Date:   Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:53:14 +0900
From:   Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji_...@yahoo.com>
To:     boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the right place, but I have no idea where to ask
otherwise.  I believe the developers know the most.

I installed Fedora 27 on my machine with NVidia GeForce GTX 1070.   I
modified initramfs, disabled nouveau, etc. etc. all of what were written
in the homepage to install Nvidia driver 387.34.

Then installed boinc-core and boinc-manager packages, and run "systemctl
start boinc-client.service".  However /var/lib/boinc/coproc_info.xml
mentions "NVIDIA drivers present but no GPUs found".

Why does it happen?  In /usr/lib, libnvidia-opencl.so.1 and libcuda.so.1
exist and there's no reason boinc core believes GPU is absent.  Actually
glxinfo says direct rendering is YES and
/proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0000:01:00.0 exists, which mentions the model
of GPU, IRQ, etc. etc.

So please someone help me get boinc to work with GPU!!

Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji

Old days, when I used Fedora also, I had no problem....