On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM, alinome.net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Dan, what is the reason [messages] has a special markup? Why it is not
> a normal [(function)]?

Well, it's not processed like the other functions, but rather after
all the markup in a zone is done. I guess I was thinking, perhaps
functions could feed messages into the messaging system... Though none
currently do that...

As for the syntax, mostly because [messages] and [results] are more
connected with forms than functions, and that is the syntax used for
them.

In looking over the code, it strikes me we should probably change the
processing of these markups from the the end of the domarkup function
to the makepage function. It would save on lines and processing time,
and make them more open to input from functions or whatever.  I'll
likely change that in the next release. I'll test first to make sure
there's no unintended side effects.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to