Hi Martin,

I had to hang it up for a few days, it seems that my learning curve is
a it steeper then I had thought it was going to be. Heck, I'm stuck at
just uploading items to my webserver now! I set up a DynDNS and I
thought that by getting a domain and IP through them that meant that I
now had a server to upload files to, but when I tried to access that
IP in my FTP, it said it didn't exist. I think I need to start at the
beginning and read everything fresh.

I hope to be able to answer your question one day soon!
Thank you very much,
Brooke


On Jun 30, 8:50 am, Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Do you have server rights (read,write etc) for index.php on 655 (and
> for your field folder (marylandinfo) on 777)?
>
> As you created the index.php in Dreamweaver - does it contain other
> code than the required lines?
>
> Greetings, Martin
>
> On Jun 29, 4:04 pm, bneug <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > I have gotten to the step where I want to Run my index.php file for
> > the first time on my MAC. My MAMP 2 green lights are on, I have the
> > Boltwire folder inside my User>Sites folder, I have gone to the Apache
> > tab in MAMP's preferences and set the root to Boltwire, I have my
> > "mysite" folder next to the Boltwire folder and renamed to what I want
> > it to be. I created a index.php page in Dreamweaver with the require
> > code, change the "myid" to same name as "mysite" folder (which is
> > marylandinfo).
>
> > So I am at the point now where I navigate 
> > to:http://localhost:8888/marylandinfo/index.php
> > and I see nothing but an error:
>
> > Not Found
>
> > The requested URL /marylandinfo/index.php was not found on this
> > server.
> > Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) PHP/5.2.6 DAV/2 Server at localhost Port 8888
>
> > Is there anything else that I can look for? An obvious step that I
> > have not done?
>
> > Thank you for any suggestions,
> > Brooke
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to