Wouldn't it be a good idea to check if there is a generic php-sql-api
somewhere that could be used for all kinds of sql-databases (including
the one of that Google provides)?

Greetings, Martin

On Jul 5, 12:51 pm, DrunkenMonk <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...
>
> accidently clicked send and lost my message half written. I'll
> continue spawning my idea later.
>
> On Jul 2, 11:20 pm, karlh626 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Regarding an interface to mysql I found:
>
> > solutions - wantedhttp://boltwire.com/index.php?p=solutions.wanted.database
> > mail list - "Developing a database connector would actually be quite
> > easy, just a
> > simple command/function pair for submitting query's to a database. And
> > probably a few editable lines to store the connection information."
>
> > I need an interface to the database which is used with my employer for
> > customer records, trouble tickets, etc.
>
> > I already use boltwire for submitting orders and now I realize what a
> > time saver it would be to automatically update the database based on
> > the form information submitted through boltwire.
>
> > There are two ways that I can imagine doing this...
>
> > 1.  Submit the boltwire form data to data variables on a page, use a
> > php script to collect, parse the page's data variables and insert them
> > into the database using a mysql query.
>
> > 2. Or use some kind of session function(plugin?) to use the
> > {=variables} directly in the sql query.
>
> > If anyone else is interested in something like this, I would love to
> > organize this idea a little further so it could be made into something
> > usable.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to