Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was out of town most of
last week with no internet access. But it looks like you are making some
great progress. I'm excited!

As for your questions:

1) Here's the doc info on the MarkUp function in BoltWire's library
function, on how to modify the markup table:

TO CHANGE A MARKUP RULE: MarkUp('order', 'rule', '/pattern/', 'output');
TO DELETE A MARKUP RULE SET PATTERN TO ''.
TO INSERT MARKUP SET RULE TO 'newrule < oldrule'.

So to disable the blockquote rules, try putting this in your plugin:

MarkUp('symbols', 'indent1', '');
MarkUp('symbols', 'indent2', '');

2) Can you just escape the processed content you return from the
myBOLTgetzone function? Something like this:

return BOLTescape($content);

That should prevent any processing...

As for resettting the entire Markup Table you could try putting this in a
plugin:

global $MarkUpTable;
$MarkUpTable = array();

3) Yes, you should be able to define data vars using this format:

$BOLTvar['#'][$page][":$f"] = $v;

So if you can trigger a page to get its vars processed and defined, they
should be available as normal data vars thereafter through the rest of the
page rendering.

4) Very good idea. Once you have it functional, I'll take a peek at the
code and see if we can streamline the installation process--perhaps getting
it down to just one plugin file plus a definable parser. This could be
really cool!!!

Cheers,
Dan