Thanks Dan.

I have already have a slightly customised action.create, so I'm thinking of
altering it further to (somehow) have a skin selector when creating a
page...
Then maybe storing that info in a similar manner to the way that read/write
rights are stored (only for pages not using the default skin); then picking
up the appropriate skin from there before the page is loaded.

Wonder if that is possible??

Thanks.
Jan