William E. Kempf wrote:
* Are there concerns about using conditional compilation and optional portions of the library, as POSIX does?  I believe this is the only way Boost.Threads and the C++ standard will be able to provide "portable" threading libraries that don't restrict implementation to a least common denominator approach.
What about using property maps? (I mean the Boost Property Map Library).

* Are there issues with throwing std::invalid_argument for both invalid and unsupported values?  Should I define Boost.Threads specific exceptions instead, seperating out the two exception types?
If you want to use std:: exception classes, for "unsupported" value you could also use std::domain_error. Defining two new classes in the boost namespace is also an option.

Beyond this, I'd appreciate any other feedback as well.
I'm quite busy now, but I'm enjoying the thread library so much that I will be pleased help you as much as I can.

Alberto