Terje Slettebų wrote:
From: "Vladimir Prus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

after having to output std::vector to stream again and again using custom
solution, I started to wonder why we don't have a solution in boost.
Does it makes sense to include operators<< for vectors, sets, etc?

I was thinking about

  <boost/io/vector.hpp>
  <boost/io/set.hpp>

You can do this quite well using the standard library and stream iterator
adapters. This may do both of your approaches above. For example:
I certainly know that.

std::cout << "Print vector\n";
std::copy(list.begin(),list.end(),Out(std::cout,"\n"));
And I don't like it in the least. Compared with

   std::cout << "new path is " << v << "\n";

the use of std::copy is way too verbose. BTW, you can't output
std::pair that way.

- Volodya