Jaap Suter wrote:
Try turning off debug symbols; GCC spends a long time and a lot of
disk generating them.

Thanks, works excellent! In fact, my GCC object files and executables are
the smallest now.
Yep, I came to the same conclusion.  Unfortunately, it does not help
much when you need to debug your program.  :(  Is any work being done
to fix gcc regarding the number and size of debug symbols being
generated?

Using MPL in anything but the most trivial ways causes big headaches
with g++.

                           -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson