Daniel Frey wrote:

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
When posting the patch, I didn't even realize that the code was legal and that this is a problem with VACPP6. And the aCC workaround fixes the problem for VA, too.

This was the original source:

template<bool, typename> struct enable_if;
-----------------------^

Visual Age doesn't like this, it needs a name here.
  ^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, that's the reason. But given my recent discomfort about
unmaintainable code, look at it again:

  #  if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__HP_aCC, <= 33900)
      template<bool cond, typename T> struct enable_if;
  #  else
      template<bool, typename T> struct enable_if;
  #  endif

Does this really makes sense? Shouldn't we just keep one version with
names for template parameters? AFAICS this should work for all compilers
and it could be a general boost coding guideline to always provide names
for template parameters. Comments?
Agreed, if it works for all compilers, let's just keep the version with the names. (And add a comment that it should stay like it is!)

Markus