Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Alexander Nasonov wrote:
>
>> With a help of boost::dynamic_any::call operation (not yet implemented)
>> it's possible to use boost::dynamic_any::any instead of Boost.Function.
>> Though this new solution is less specialized and probably slower then
>> Boost.Function it has one advantage demonstrated in the example below:
>>

>> typedef boost::dynamic_any<
>>     boost::mpl::list<
>>         boost::dynamic_any::call<void (int &)>,
>>         boost::dynamic_any::call<void (double &)>
>>     >
>> > flexible_function; // 2 in 1!
>
> That's great! 'Tis a good week for dynamic polymorphism.

There is the same code bloat problem as in early Boost.Function release.
Unfortunately, I have to use polymorphic classes to store a value because
they are essential  parts of extraction mechanism. So, I can only recommend
to use this feature only when it's _really_ necessary.

--
Alexander Nasonov
Remove - m y c o p from my e-mail address for timely response