>From: "Terje Slettebų" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The new
> version of lexical_cast is Kevlin's own, which he recently made, not my
> proposition. I think his version is better, though, as it's much shorter
and
> removes duplication.

Just to point out that it's the kind of duplication which is not easily
removed; the new version works differently. The proposition used several
overloaded function templates for the various special cases, whereas the new
version uses a trait technique. Another advantage of the new version is that
it doesn't require special workarounds for compilers lacking partial
ordering of function templates, which the proposition needed.

Regards,

Terje