Justin M. Lewis wrote:
Not entirely, passing a pointer doesn't tell you that the parameter will
change, it just tells you that it might, it still leaves you in the position
of having to track down the function and check it.  But outside of that, if
you're like me, at this point you prefer references to pointers, whenever
possible.

I did use references everywhere but changed to pointers for the reason you are talking about

I only use pointers if the argument might be changed
that way the &varName means varName will be changed in the function
if the arg won't be changed I pass const&

The only reason for doing this is to make it obvious which are in parameters and which are out\inout
using a class just seemed like over kill for something so small

Oh well, it is all a matter of taste I suppose

Vin