Arkadiy wrote:
> Right now we are using a sorted vector instead of a set, to implement
> our relational tables, because set doesn't allow us to search on a
> prefix of a key.  Like if a table is indexed on a, b, c, we are not
> able to use equal_range on a, b with the set.

I was able to successfully use a set for the indices into an in-memory database I
wrote for my company a few years back.  By providing a custom Compare object, I was
able to implement prefix-based seeking using equal_range.  I allowed an element to
indicate that it is truncated (e.g. contains only a and b, but not c).  The Comparison
function used the indication when checking whether one element is less than another.