Martin Wille wrote:

Yes, that is why I didn't add more STLport configurations to the
tests, yet. However, STLport's support for debugging is certainly an
interesting feature to use for many developers. So, there would still
be good use for STLport with recent gcc versions.

This is exactly our situation. Our target applications actually run on an embedded coldfire board. At this point, we're constrained to a gcc-2.95 derived toolchain, no stlport, and no boost ... on the target platform. As time allows, we will be looking into the later toolchain and uClinux distributions. For now we use STLport to support our development environment, simulation, and testing. STLport assertion failures are fairly rare occurrances, but well worth the investment when they do happen.