This is on <http://www.boost.org/>. Look at the second link of the first line under the 19-Aug-2003 entry of "Latest News", which corresponds to 1.30.2. Someone used a backslash [\] for a URL-part separator instead of the proper regular-slash [/].

I guess the last writer uses Windows. But, it seems that there are many HTML writers with Windows that make the same mistake. Why do I say this? Because the server software for our site will internally correct the mistake! It doesn't do a redirect, it just internally exchanges the "%5C" for slashes while computing the corresponding file. This incurs a slight slowdown.

Doesn't someone here use a script to check the quality of our text files before publishing? If so, maybe the script could be modified to check the URLs (inside HTML files only?) for slash screw-ups.

Daryle