I'm adding some EBBR text around the CPU state at boot and I've lost
track of what is being done for multicore bringup. What is the current
state-of-the-art for multicore boot protocol when PSCI isn't available?

SBBR allows for the MP Boot Protocol; with the intend of phasing it out:

https://acpica.org/sites/acpica/files/MP%20Startup%20for%20ARM%20platforms.doc

The kernel documents the spin table method:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree/Documentation/arm64/booting.txt

What are the cool kids currently doing here?

g.
medium. Thank you.