There is also the SPCR table
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/serports/serial-port-console-redirection-table?redirectedfrom=MSDN
This is the primary serial console

From: boot-architecture <boot-architecture-boun...@lists.linaro.org> on behalf
of François Ozog <francois.o...@linaro.org>
Date: Monday, January 18, 2021 at 2:43 PM
To: Grant Likely <grant.lik...@arm.com>
Cc: Jeff Booher-Kaeding <jeff.booher-kaed...@arm.com>, Samer El-Haj-Mahmoud
<samer.el-haj-mahm...@arm.com>, mbrug...@suse.com <mbrug...@suse.com>, Jose
Marinho <jose.mari...@arm.com>, s...@google.com <s...@google.com>,
bill.mi...@linaro.org <bill.mi...@linaro.org>,
boot-architecture@lists.linaro.org <boot-architecture@lists.linaro.org>,
takahiro.aka...@linaro.org <takahiro.aka...@linaro.org>, nd <n...@arm.com>,
Mark Brown <mark.br...@arm.com>, ati...@atishpatra.org <ati...@atishpatra.org>,
joakim.b...@linaro.org <joakim.b...@linaro.org>, daniel.thomp...@linaro.org
<daniel.thomp...@linaro.org>, d...@suse.de <d...@suse.de>, Reed Hinkel
<reed.hin...@arm.com>
Subject: Re: EBBR Biweekly for 18 Jan 2021
Hi

During the call you mentioned that SBBR had some defined values for console.

I can only find that the _HID="ARMH0011" identifies a SBSA com port but I
don't find any standard object path that would point to the UART to use.

let's assume:

       Device (COM0)
        {
            Name (_HID, "ARMH0011")  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, Zero)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource
Settings
            {
                Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                    0x09000000,         // Address Base
                    0x00001000,         // Address Length
                    )
                Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveHigh, Exclusive,
,, )
                {
                    0x00000021,
                }
            })
            Name (_ADR, 0x09000000)  // _ADR: Address
        }

       Device (COM1)
        {
            Name (_HID, "ARMH0011")  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
            Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource
Settings
            {
                Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                    0x09002000,         // Address Base
                    0x00001000,         // Address Length
                    )
                Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Level, ActiveHigh, Exclusive,
,, )
                {
                    0x00000022,
                }
            })
            Name (_ADR, 0x09002000)  // _ADR: Address
        }

Which port to use as a console?

by definition we could say that \_SB_.COM0 is the port to use.
Or we could define \_SB_.SOUT as a reference object to any of the defined
UARTs.

Cheers

FF

--
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Linaro Edge & Fog Computing Group*
T: +33.67221.6485
francois.o...@linaro.org | Skype: ffozog
medium. Thank you.