  SR> On 12 Sep 2002, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> there is missing context. that IS in a write() method already. it is
  >> printing its data to a log file but it does other work as well.

  SR> Wait a minute! You mean we're arguing the same side??? 8^)

well, you have to be correct occaisionally. :)

  >> i don't worry about speed too much anymore. buy a faster machine is
  >> often the best and cheapest solution to speed issues. one key
  >> feature about stem is that you can split any application in it to
  >> multiple machines with almost no effort. so adding more cpu power
  >> is easy. so i don't focus on speed. in fact i have almost never
  >> benchmarked it. it is designed for ease of coding and
  >> configuration. and OO is a help in that area. i am giving a talk at
  >> LISA in november and i plan on offering it at the october meeting
  >> so you will see more on how i use OO in stem. the title is the stem
  >> cookbook.

  SR> Wow Uri, you and I agreeing on something??? 8^)

  SR> Cool, I'll look forward to hearing more about stem. (Where *is* LISA
  SR> this year?) Are you writing a real book, or is that the title of
  SR> your talk? If the latter, will you make the slides available
  SR> someplace for those of us who can't afford LISA?

LISA is in philly nov 3-8. this is nice as i can drive there and save on
car and airfare.

i will put up the paper on the stem web site soon. if anyone wants it
now, i can email the text version to you.

also i will be giving the same talk at the october pm meeting (as a
warmup). LISA is limiting me to 30 minutes so i will try to keep it that
long here. of course we can have a longer q&a after my talk. and i will
put up the slides on the site too. the talk and the paper are not going
to be the same thing. the paper is more an academic style intro to stem
and the talk will be how to create stem cells (objects the send/receive
messages).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com