  G> Chris Devers wrote:
  >> Clearly we need more puzzles around here :)

  G> Someone needs to write a code analysis tool to measure the
  G> complexity and general unreadability of a piece of perl code.

  G> Then, when these kinds of puzzles come up, people can compete to
  G> have the most readable code, rather than the shortest, and most
  G> useless version of the code.

well, the problem is that judging perl golf is easy. just use
length(). :)

the way you want to judge code is subjective and has too many
heuristics. just the choice of names alone (which is critical!) can't be
analyzed by any software as it would have to understand human language
and context and all.

so you had best install human judges for readability and then who judges
the judges? :)

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com