Dear Programmer of the Future (is it really 12/08/02 where you are?),

If there was a global variable for the iterator in a foreach loop, what
would it be when there's a loop inside a loop?  And would concentric loops
like that even be possible?  One could argue that a feature of that iterator
would be that you could decrement it and repeat the same iteration, but with
a concentric loop, the inner loop would screw up the outer loop.

Anyway, to put your mind at ease, use the for(;;) syntax.  The big
difference is that you have to pull $_ out of the array yourself.

for (my $counter=0;$counter<=$#array;$counter++)
{
    $_=$array[$counter];
    #do something

    print $another_array[$counter];
}

  , , ,     |  Duane Bronson
 /|/|/| ,   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
( ( ( |/|   |  http://www.nerdlogic.com/
 \    ( |   |  453 Washington St. #4A, Boston, MA 02111