On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:30:36PM -0500, Ron Newman wrote:
> Unix folks are used to these limitations on how you can use
> environment variables.   Do things work the same way in Windows?

It's quite some years since I last used Doze, but I think it works the
same way.  Except that there's ways around it.  I once wrote a DOS
program - in C - which altered its parent shell's environment by delving
around in the PSP.  DOS batch files (.bat files) are treated like
sourced scripts IIRC.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       Liver with fava beans and a nice chianti is
       less appealing if the donor has cirrhosis
          -- after Coyu, in soc.history.what-if