On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 12:28, Pease, Kevin wrote:
>       Front slashes as directory separators should work on Windows too (at
> least, they do for me on WinXP).  Windows should accept front or back
> slashes, Unix should accept only front slashes... so using front-slashes on
> any platform as your directory separator should work.

However, MacOS 9 and below uses colons!  And the semantics are rather
different, e.g. relative vs. absolute paths and up-dir syntax (the
equivalent of unix's "..").  And even on some other "slash-based" OSes,
the syntax rules deviate enough from unix to cause problems.

The correct solution is File::Spec, as Jerrad suggested.  It might look
like a pain to use, but it's really not that bad.

 -- Jeremy