Sean Quinlan wrote:
> I'm running SuSE so I already had the whole Qt developer package handy
> and getting the Qt modules from CPAN installed was trivial. The best
> part of this, for me, was discovering that I could use the Qt developer
> GUI builder (classic widget assembly IDE) to build up the windows, lists
> etc and define the basic actions, then use an existing tool which
> converts the XML Qt project files into a Perl module framework for you!
> I had functional little test apps & was adding my own code & actions on
> the first day. :)

real programmers like manual
geometry management...

;)

seriously, someone at work uses a
GUI IDE of some kind, I forget the
name. we generally could make interface
changes in about the same amount of time.

I usually break things up into frames,
and then use grid inside the frames using
lexical variables called $row and $column
to keep track of position. Then I lay down
the widgets one row at a time gridding them
like this:

        ->grid(-row=>$row,-column=>$col++);

when I'm ready for a new row, I just say
        $row++;

Then, when I start moving buttons around,
I can usually cut and paste the button code
without additional modification and everything
in the old row moves left and everything in
the new row moves to the right to make space.

its kind of like ->pack, but everything lines
up in a grid when your done.
So it still looks tidy.