On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Mark Aisenberg wrote:

[ cc list trimmed ]

> 2) dyndns is constantly (monthly or so) emailing me telling me they are
> under a DoS attack and will be unavailable for a day or so.
>
> You've got to decide if you can deal with these hassles.
>
> I've also used tzo.com for dynamic DNS.  They cost $25/year if I remember
> correctly, but they seem to be more reliable.

Only because they don't inform you when they encounter such issues.  I may
be biased (well, of course I am, I run DynDNS.org), but I guarantee you
TZO and everyone else in this industry have as many or more problems with
Denial of Service attacks and the like as we do - they just aren't as
up-front and honest about them as we are.  It's the two sides of the
full-disclosure coin; in a world where not everyone is doing it, those of
us who do may not look as good, but at least you know exactly what you're
getting, because you can read two years of our system status archives
right there on our website, plain and clear in black and white.

Tim Wilde

--
Tim Wilde
[EMAIL PROTECTED]