On Fri, 7 May 2004, Ron Newman wrote:

> I'd rather have the meeting at the same time every month, so we can
> enter it into the regular schedules of places like www.bugc.org and
> www.bostonusergroups.com .  Is it that big a deal to occasionally have
> a Red Sox game going on 3 blocks away?

It's not the end of the world, but it can make transportation much more
complicated. On a non-game night, you can generally park somewhere in or
near Kenmore Square for free; on a game night, it's $25 and you probably
have to park 10 blocks away. Or you can take the green line, but chances
are the trains will be overloaded, packed, and slow.

These problems aren't the end of the world -- the recent meeting went
okay -- but I think it would be more convenient all around if meeting
days didn't overlap with ballgames.

If your concern is having a fixed schedule out into the future, the Red
Sox schedule is already set. I don't see any reason that we couldn't
plan out dates for the next year (well, 11 months) if we wanted to...

--
Chris Devers