Is there a way to read multiple lines from a socket?
This is a blocking socket, with the server running on the mainframe. The
server sends multiple lines at one time. Perhaps I can make some changes
here but mainframe stuff is always messy to fix.

I dont seem to have problems sending multiple lines,  but soon as I read
more than one line my script  blocks.

Is there  a way to set the line seaprator for sockets only? When I set $/
to undef that works only for STDIN. How do I set it for a socket? I do
realize that in this case, I have to get the server to use the line
separater at the end of the data.

I am using IO::Socket::Inet

My thinking is a bit muddled and I dont have a lot of experience coding
sockets.

Thanks