On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:31:28PM -0500, Federico Lucifredi wrote:

> I have had several runtime errors in the past several weeks due to
> "unresolved symbols" in C or C++ executables - missing library, I say,
> so I check with ldd and, sure enough, most of the time one of the
> dependencies has failed to resolve.  However, in some cases ldd *does*
> indicate that everything has resolved and *still* there are
> undefined/unresolved symbols in my way. What is this due to and how can
> I troubleshoot it ? Is there something I should read to further my
> knowledge of Unix library conventions?

Some Unix-a-likes cache information about libraries.  If that's the
case with yours, tell it to rebuild the cache.

On Linux, you need to use ldconfig.  Not sure about other systems, but I
bet whatever it is will be listed in the SEE ALSO section of the ldd
manpage.

--
header   FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    From =~ /david.cantrell/i
describe FROM_DAVID_CANTRELL    Message is from David Cantrell