Sorry, I guess I wasn't quite specific enough on my description.
Yeah, I know how anchor tags work.  But my problem is that the the html
page is being made by a cgi script.  That page made by said cgi script has
anchors on it.  I would like to be able to have the page load to a
specific anchor depending on the criteria handed to it.
So, saddly, it's not like the script can take in the info and then send it
to another script adding the #anchor info.

But I took one of the other suggestions and referenced the anchor in the
call to the form action:
<form action="script.cgi#anchor" method="POST">

Amazingly enough, this worked.
Thanks all.
--Alex