On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Matthew Brooks wrote:
> You mean I can't just trade in my old copies?! Jeez, even Microsoft has
> a discounted upgrade path! ;)
>
> Seriously though... I think O'Reilly should start a program where
> customers can send them the UPC or even the whole cover (making it a
> stripped book) of a previous edition that they already own so they can
> get a coupon/certificate/rebate for an additional 5-10% off the next
> edition.

Hi,

As the Product Marketing Manager explained to me last week, we do this
already.

Do this:
Open your O'Reilly book. Find the 'blow-in' card with the Tarsier on
it. Fill it out and mail it in to 'register' your book or go to
http://register.oreilly.com. After you've done that, you'll get an email
when a new edition gets published and a 10% off coupon toward the new
edition.

HTH,
Keith