I am looking for the "best" and/or original wording of this programming
maxim: Put similarities in code and differences in data

Google found this in a perl discussion
"capture similarities in code, differences in data"
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.fun/month=20031001
So I am posting to this list.

Here is a hit on a similar quote "putting invariants in code and
differences in data."
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.object/browse_thread/thread/1dc6f6dd
db34dc18/cdfb5eae936861f2?lnk=st&q=%22differences+in+data%22+%22in+code%
22&rnum=3&hl=en#cdfb5eae936861f2
This mentions Mellor is passing -- Is he the original person behind
this?

Hopefully helpfully yours,
Steve
--
Steve Tolkin    Steve . Tolkin at FMR dot COM   617-563-0516
Fidelity Investments   82 Devonshire St. V4D     Boston MA 02109