We had around 30 people at Tuesday's tech meeting.

Jeff Barr, Amazon's Senior Evangelist for Web Services, gave an excellent
talk.  We learned about all of Amazon's web services, including their
newest ones, Mechanical Turk and Elastic Compute Cloud.  There was also a
lot of discussion about the Simple Storage Service (S3).

One of the examples for Mechanical Turk is the Sheep Market, for which a
guy commissioned 10,000 drawings of sheep.  http://www.thesheepmarket.com/

Jeff also told us that Perl is used extensively at Amazon.

Resources:

Amazon Web Services: <http://aws.amazon.com>

Jeff's AWS Blog: <http://aws.typepad.com>

Jeff's email address: <jbarr(at)amazon.com>

Our next meeting will be on Monday, September 25, with Damian Conway,
presenting The DaVinci Codebase and opentalk 2.0!  Unfortunately, I won't
be in town for this meeting.  If you'd like to help Uri with this meeting
in my absence (mainly arranging for refreshments and starting the meeting),
let us know.

October's meeting will be on the second Tuesday, which is the 10th.  Please
let me know if you'd like to give a presentation.

Ronald