Hi!

Sorry for the late response.

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:49, Jerrad Pierce wrote:
> We're looking for people to help continue the tradition of the Perl Advent
> Calendar. Since 2000, the calendar has been produced as a fun way of
> (re-)introducing the wonders of CPAN to the community through ~four weeks
> of daily module reviews. For an example see last year's calendar currently
> available at http://web.mit.edu/belg4mit/www/
>
> Until we get something else set up, please reply regarding participation to
> the list.
>
> "Action items" (pluses are an estimation of effort required):
> +     modules:
>               Even if you cannot allocate much effort to other parts of the
>               project, recommendations of modules to consider for review are
>               very helpful; check your bookmarks for things you've always
>               meant to try, and site_perl for obscure/overlooked useful
>               modules (perhaps beyond the scope intended by the author).
>
>               *For now, please send these to me directly, and not the list*

Will do.

> ++++  authors:
>               People to write the reviews, hopefully 5-8 volunteers to
>               reduce the workload but keep the number of people manageable.

I can do that as well.

> +++++ editor (I have no problem doing this):
>               Organize everything, especially scheduling the authors
>               contributions.

I can do that too.

> ++    domain name: Uri?
>               advent.perl.org

I cannot really help with that.

> +/+++ hosting:
>               a (semi?)permanent home for past, present and future calendars?
>               perl.org? local (Duane)?
>
> ++    secretary/admin:
>               Set up a private wiki or email list for contributors to
>               converse. This prevents bothering others with the chatter,
>               and also helps to preserve the surprise for readers ;-)
>
>               Also, do we want a CMS (with integrated RSS) or to go with
>               simpler freeform style of last year? manual HTML editing
>               around perl-tidy output and a quick hack for RSS

I can do that too as I'm sys-admining iglu.org.il which has web space
(including Apache PHP and Perl CGI) and qmail+Sympa.

> +++   splash image:
>               an interesting (libre) christmas/camelid themed image for the
>               calendar. Are you good with a camera? Photoshop? Inkscape?
>
>               Perhaps a medium close-up of a christmas tree decorated with
>               camels and onions and sigils?

Why not use the old Advent calendar marching Camels image:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060209183627/www.perladvent.org/2003/

> +/++  publicity:
>               Spread the word to the usual suspects and others.

I can also help with that.

> +++   archive:
>               Permission for republishing of previous years from Mark Fowler
>
>               Retrieve copies from him or Wayback. I had pieced together a
>               copy of the first year's calendar (lost by Fowler due to
>               system failure) but cannot locate it. I think I emailed a
>               copy once or twice though, and hopefully he still has it?

Also can do that.

So how do we start?

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish