The Job: Perl Developer

Pangea Media is a fast-paced Internet startup with a casual work
environment based in the greater Boston area. We build products that have
broad appeal to web users while integrating with publishers' sites and
content. Our revenues primarily come from online advertising and market
research. Pangea Media is dedicated to innovation of new ideas and working
with new technologies. We have a core team in place and are looking to add
new members.

We are seeking a full time Perl developer to work with our existing team in
the creation of new web applications, as well as the maintenance of
existing ones. If you're looking for a fun easy going work environment
where you can use your problem solving, testing, and documentation skills,
this is the place. Ideal candidates are college graduates with excellent
communication skills. They are goal oriented and can work efficiently in a
fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Only friendly and cheerful
people will be considered!

Successful candidates will be very familiar (minimum 2 years experience)
with:

  - Perl web development
  - Writing Perl modules
  - Experience working in a LAMP-style environment
  - MySQL
  - HTML
  - JavaScript / CSS
  - Working from a UNIX-style command line

Familiarity with the following is desirable:

  - Catalyst framework / MVC architectures
  - fastcgi
  - lighttpd
  - emacs (or vi)
  - Shell scripting
  - Subversion
  - Spread
  - Memcached
  - Pound / load balancing
  - Health benefits, paid vacation and other perks are part of the
    compensation package.

Apply online at http://pangeamedia.com/jobs/tech/apply.cgi