From: Uri Guttman
Subject: Job: Perl/Admin Intern

Hi all,

I finally can hire the intern I have deserved for my entire career!

This is an ideal opportunity for a college student or someone who needs
Perl experience to do some interesting work.  There is no on-call aspect
so don't worry about 3am calls.

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested. September
is here and there must be some student type who you know who would want
this job. MIT students are most welcome!

Rate: $10-20/hour DOE + mentoring from a Perl Guru
(possible bonuses of Best Friends Cocoa mix! :)

Location: mostly off site but probably some pair work at my place in
Arlington

Hours: about 20/month but it can vary

Duration: at least 6 months and probably longer

I need someone to assist me in a wide range of Perl and admin
tasks. Some of these are one time projects and others are on-going. Here
are some of them:

Improving and adding tests to Perl modules

Writing and improving various Perl programs

Editing and writing POD and documentation

Editing and writing templates and content for web sites and related
projects (CSS skills a plus)

Editing and managing wikis

Searching and collecting info from various web sources (manual work, not
crawling)

Setting up off-site backup (probably with rsync.net)

Helping with source control (using git)

Desired skills:

Beginning to Intermediate Perl

Admin stuff (setting up servers, services, source control, etc.)

Linux with OSX a plus (no winblows!)

Good English Skills

Quick Learner (RTFM!)

You don't need to know all the needed skills if you are a quick learner
and a good worker. I will be reviewing and editing all you work before
it gets integrated and you will get very useful feedback. All your work
will be acknowledged in the appropriate places.

I will gladly provide recommendations to whomever lands this job and
does well. And you will learn more about programming Perl than any class
you could possibly take.

Send your resume to [EMAIL PROTECTED] in plain text, HTML or PDF. If
you send it in doc/word I will ignore it since it means you can't follow
the first request correctly.

Thanks,

Uri

--