flucifr...@acm.org wrote:
My understanding is that bookpool is owned by the Quantum books crew.

In the same way they bought Softpro, and then basically shut it down?

I will forward the query to them, I believe they are
reorganizing under a new name.

I found this:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/archive/x79613768

  Quantum Books calls it quits
  By David L. Harris/Chronicle staff
  Tue Mar 25, 2008, 07:32 PM EDT

  Cambridge - Quantum Books, the bookstore catering to Kendall Square’s
  technophiles, is closing its doors.

  Owner June Kapitan said the store’s warehouse in Wilmington, Mass.
  will still be open, but the store at 4 Cambridge Center will close
  this weekend.

  Kapitan said rising rents, the changing technology landscape of
  Kendall Square and increasing electricity costs hurt her business.
  [...]
  Kapitan plans to have a goodbye party for her longtime customers this
  Thursday at 5:30 p.m., complete with music, drinks and plenty of books
  about Java, Windows Server 2008 and C++ programming in the background.

Their site, http://www.quantumbooks.com/, also shows a placeholder page.

Too bad.

 -Tom

--