  AO> The Regular Expressions Cookbook authors were extremely
  AO> detail-oriented, almost fanatically so. They're excellent writers,
  AO> and so careful that I was shocked to hear that someone found typos
  AO> (as people do with every book). They like to be thorough. I'm sure
  AO> they covered every nook and cranny of every topic. On the flip
  AO> side, if they decide they don't think much of something, they
  AO> totally leave it out. They decided that POSIX classes (such as
  AO> [[:alpha:]]) were lame and outdated, so I believe they didn't even
  AO> drop a hint in the book that they existed. In contrast, they spent
  AO> a pretty good amount of time on UNICODE.

i haven't looked at it in any serious way yet. do they mention
Regexp::Common? it probably solves many of those recipe problems all in
one giant module.

and i always find it amusing how most other langs slam perl whenever
they can but brag about 'having' perl compatible regexes. which none of
them really have since there are things in perl regexes that only perl
can do (like s///e and more).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --