Ben Tilly wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>>        sub {
>>            local *__ANON__ = "subname"; # name the anon sub
>
> Rather than a semi-documented trick, I'd recommend the clearly
> documented Sub::Name module for this.

Agreed. I just ran across Sub::Name yesterday when I was trying to dig
up more info on the syntax for using __ANON__.

I've since updated the code to use Sub::Name. It really is functionality
that should be built-in to the sub statement.

>> If it is used as a glob...it works, but
>> produces output prefixed with "*"...
>
> The * prefix just indicates that
> it is being interpreted as some other glob, but if you look at the
> output the glob it appears as should be what you were trying to name
> it.

I'm not following. It feels like either the "*" should be consumed by
the tokenizer as part of the variable, or treated as extraneous junk and
either passed to the statement/function, or trigger a syntax error.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA