Does anyone have experience with Inline::Java?

I did some basic tests with it and it seems to work but I'm concerned about
its reliability in production use.

The use case is a large data processing system implemented in Perl. I'd
like to add an algorithm (Conditional Random Fields) that's not implemented
on CPAN but is available as a Java library.
I'm hoping to use Inline::Java to allow this algorithm to be called from
the existing Perl code.
An alternative is to execute the Java code as a separate process and pass
data to the Perl process with pipes and files.

In my case the Java code will be run around 50,000 times a day to process
incoming data. So I want to make sure that whatever solution I use is
stable and low overhead.

Thanks,

David