On 10/25/19 9:17 PM, Greg London wrote:
ahh...  #line   that's it!

$. wouldn't work for me becuase the filehandle is long since
closed by the time I do the eval(), so it will come back 0

I'll have to prepend #line to the eval string
and figure out the line number to put there,
but that'll make these scripts I'm dealing with a whole lot
easier to use.
that doesn't make sense to me. i think you need __LINE__ . #line will set the line number to whatever you want. if you insert more lines before the eval, then it will be off. __LINE__ is correctly set to the current line number by the compiler.

uri